Magna Mining is an exploration and development company focused on sulphide nickel, copper and PGM projects in the world class nickel producing camp of Sudbury, Ontario. The company owns two advanced stage projects in the area; the past producing Shakespeare and Crean Hill mines.
In January 2023 Magna Mining launched a 15,000m drill program at Crean Hill to test multiple exploration targets outside of the existing resource. These targets are located in areas that are prospective for both extensions of the existing mineral resource and for new deposits. The targets are along the Sudbury Igneous Contact and in the footwall.
On February 23, 2023, Magna Mining announced that a new zone of sulphide mineralization has been identified (see NEWS RELEASE) in three holes to date, where wide intersections of disseminated and locally semi-massive sulphides were encountered with visible nickel and copper mineralization.
We would like to invite you to put your geological knowledge to the test by participating in our second ‘Guess the Grade’ competition to guess the assay results from Hole MCR-22-014. This time the competition will coincide with our participation at PDAC 2023, and competitors will be able to view the core in person at our booth at the Investors Exchange (Booth 3006) on March 5-8, 2023.
On behalf of the winner, Magna will once again donate $5000.00 (CDN) to a Canadian Registered Charity of their choice.
Can You Guess the Correct Grade of Nickel in This Core?
It is easy to enter and you can help your favourite charity if you win! To enter, read the contest rules and fill out the form below. Please note that the winner will be required to answer a skill testing question.
The contest is now closed!!
Good luck to all entrants.
The winner will be announced between March 9, 2023 and April 7, 2023 via the Magna Mining mailing list and on social media. Exact date is dependent on assay results being received and QA/QC being completed.
Watch for the results in your email!
- No purchase required.
- Contest begins at 9:00 am EST Feb 24, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm EST on March 8, 2023.
- There is a total of 1 prize available to be won as follows:
$5,000.00 CAD donation from MAGNA MINING INC. (Sponsor) to the winner’s choice of Canadian registered charity. Prize has no retail value.
- Skill testing question required.
- Open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry.
- Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before contest closes.
- Limit 1 entry per person.
- Canadian registered charity and all contest rules subject to the Sponsor’s ultimate approval in its sole and absolute discretion.
See the Full Rules Below
- Sponsor. Can You Guess The Correct Grade of Nickel In This Core? (Contest) is sponsored by MAGNA MINING INC., 1300 Kelly Lake Road, Sudbury, ON, P3E 5P4 (Sponsor).
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, related and affiliated companies or agencies, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins at 9:00 am EST February 24th, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm EST on March 8, 2023 (Contest End Date) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. To be eligible for the contest, participants must “Like” the Sponsor’s post on either of Magna’s Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook accounts, complete an entry form on our website and accept the Contest Terms and Conditions.For this Contest receipt of an entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit 1 entry per person.Any attempt or suspected attempt to use automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, contain false information, are damaged, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Contest Prize. There is a total of 1 prize available to be won as follows: $5,000.00 CAD donation from MAGNA MINING INC. (Sponsor) to the winner’s choice of Canadian registered charity. Prize has no retail value.Canadian registered charity and all contest rules subject to the Sponsor’s ultimate approval in its sole and absolute discretion.Charitable tax receipt may be made available to the contest winner subject to all applicable laws and the discretion of the selected Canadian registered charity.Prize will be awarded only to a verified winner in Canada, excluding Quebec. Prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash value. Prize may not be substituted or transferred.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Skill-testing Question. To be declared a winner, Selected Entrant will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. The winner will be selected once the assay results have been received, QA/QC checks conducted and deemed acceptable and the results have been press released through a newswire service. The expected date of determining the winner is on or about December 15, 2022. The date of announcement for the contest winner can be changed in Magna’s sole discretion to ensure the necessary assay results are completed and the winner can be verified accordingly. Determination of the winner will take place at 1300 Kelly Lake Road, Sudbury, ON, P3E 5P4 (Draw Date) the Sponsor, will select a winner as follows:
a) The winning entry will be chosen based on the closest guess to the grade of nickel (% Ni to 2 decimal places).
b) Any tie will be broken by closest guess on copper grade (% Cu to 2 decimal places).
c) If a tie remains, tie will be broken by the closest guess to combined Pt + Pd + Au grade (g/t to 2 decimal places).
d) If there is still a tie, the prize will be split between the correct entries.
e) Winning entry must comply with all Contest rules, terms, and conditions, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.Winner(s) will be announced via email through Magna Mining Inc. email distribution list once assay results have been publicly released .
Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If an entry does not meet the eligibility criteria, it will be disqualified. The entry with the next closest guess will be selected and the prize awarded. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within 5 business days of the contest draw and will be contacted by phone and/or email provided on the entry form. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 5 business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot claim a prize may be forfeited and the next closest entry will be selected as the winner, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry.
A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than 2 business day of its issue via email to the Selected Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
- Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (Released Parties) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vi) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of their name, telephone number, email address, social media handle(s) and any other participant data submitted, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor in relation to the contest, without further notice or compensation. Entrants will be added the Magna Mining Inc. (Sponsor) email distribution list where the winner of the Contest will be announced.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- Further Assurance. Each party agrees to perform such further acts and execute such further documents as are necessary to give effect to the purposes of this Contest.